C Visa

“C” visa

C-1 Crewman Traveling to Join a Vessel or Aircraft in the United States

C-1 visa is issued to those crewmen, who intend to enter the United States in order to join a vessel or an aircraft in the United States.  A crewman traveling to the United States as a passenger to join a vessel or aircraft is classifiable C-1. In order to qualify for this visa, a crewman must present a verifying letter from the employer or the employer’s agent to the consular officer.

C-2 Visa for Transit to United Nations Headquarters

The C-2 visa category is for persons who have a right of transit to and from the United Nations (U.N.) Headquarters District in New York City under the U.N. Headquarters Agreement.  The U.N. Headquarters District is the area lying within a 25-mile radius of Columbus Circle in New York, New York.  C-2 visa holders must proceed directly to the Headquarters District and remain there continuously.  The C-2 visa holder may depart from the District only to leave the United States.  Classes included in the C-2 category are representatives, members, or officials of the U.N., or its specialized agencies, or their families; experts performing missions for the U.N. or its specialized agencies; media representatives who have been accredited by the U.N. or by a specialized U.N. agency; representatives of nongovernmental organizations recognized by the U.N. for purposes of consultation; and other persons invited to the U.N. on official business by the U.N. or one of its specialized agencies.

C-3 Visas for Diplomats in Transit

The C-3 visas are reserved for foreign government officials and their immediate families, attendants, servants, and personal employees who are passing through the United States en route to a foreign destination. The applicant must be in possession of a valid visa and a travel document valid for entry into a foreign country for at least 30 days from the date of admission to the United States. An applicant applying for a C-3 visa must also establish that he or she is an accredited official of a foreign government, who is passing in transit in the United States; and, the U.S. nationals must have a reciprocal right in the foreign country of the applicant.   Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this type of visa.

Contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying for a nonimmigrant visa.  Please contact our office at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation.

Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message