D Visa

“D” Visa

D-1 Visa

The D-1 visa is issued to foreign crewmembers to enable them to work on their vessels in a U.S. port, provided the work has a direct relationship to the normal operation of the vessel, and to take temporary shore leave.  Crewmembers are defined as persons serving in good faith in any capacity required for normal operation and service aboard a vessel – other than a fishing vessel having a home port or operating base in the United States.  Application for an individual D visa is made at a U.S. consulate abroad.

D-2 Visa

The D-2 visa classification applies to crewmembers intending to depart on another transportation line or as a passenger by some other means of transportation.  For example, if a crewmember departs the United States in the same vessel or aircraft, such a crewmember will be admitted as a D-1 crewmember.  However, of the crewmember will depart the United States on a different vessel or form of transportation, such crewmember will be admitted under a D-2 classification.  A crewmember on a D visa is ineligible for an extension of stay, change of status, or adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident in the United States. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this type of visa.

Contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying  for a nonimmigrant visa.  Please contact our office at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation.

Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message