G Visa


“G” Visa

The G visa category was established for officials, employees, and dependents of international organizations that are quasi-governmental.  Examples of such organizations are the United Nations (UN), the Organization of American States (OAS), the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

G-1 Visa

This category is reserved for the principal representative, family, and staff, as long as they are assigned on a “resident basis” to the United States.  Resident basis means that they are assigned to the organization’s mission in the United States on a permanent basis.

G-2 Visa

The G-2 visa category is for other (non-principal) representatives of a recognized government who are assigned to an international organization, and to members of their immediate family.

G-3 Visa

This category of G visa is for officials of governments without de jure recognition by the United States, who are assigned to the international organization and members of their immediate family.  Persons included in this final category are nationals of non-recognized countries or nationals of countries that are not members of the international organization.

G-4 Visa

This category is accorded to individuals who are full-time employees of an international organization and immediate family.  This visa may be issued to a personnel of any rank to accord expeditious treatment of UN representatives.  Sons and daughters, widows and retirees in G-4 status can apply for permanent residence as “special immigrants.”

G-5 Visa

This category is reserved for attendants, servants and personal employees of G-1 to G-4.

Contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying for a nonimmigrant visa.  Please contact our office at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation.

Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message