J Visa

“J” Visa

 J visa may be issued for various purposes and includes a broad range of applicants who may qualify for this visa.  A J-1 visa holder may be a professor or research scholar, short-term scholar, qualified trainee or intern, college or university student, teacher, secondary school student, nonacademic specialist, foreign physician, international visitor, government visitor, camp counselor, au pair, or summer student in a work-and-travel program.

Every summer, tens of thousands of students come to the United States from all over the world as  summer students to participate in a work-and-travel program.  This category represents the majority of J visas issued every year.  Eligibility requirements may differ depending on the purpose of the applicant’s entry.  Please contact our office if you need additional information regarding “J” visa.

Contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying for a nonimmigrant visa.  Please contact our office at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation.


Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message