K Visa

“K” Visa


K-1 Visa

This visa is issued to a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen who seeks to enter the United States for the sole purpose of entering into a valid marriage with the petitioning U.S. citizen.  The law requires that the marriage must take place within 90 days following the entry into the United States.

 K-2 Visa

This classification is reserved for minor children of fiancés’.  This visa is issued to the minor children to accompany the K-1 visa holder.  Neither K-1 nor K-2 can change status in the United States or adjust their status to that of a lawful permanent resident based on grounds other than marriage to the K-1 petitioner.  The law does not provide for any extensions of stay under these classifications.

K-3 Visa

This visa is issued to spouses of the U.S. citizens.  An applicant seeking to enter the United States under this category must demonstrate that he or she has a valid marriage to a U.S. citizen, who has already filed a Petition for Alien Relative, and the beneficiary seeks to enter the U.S. to await approval of this petition.

K-4 Visa

This category is reserved for children of K-3.  The child must be unmarried and under the age of 21.  A child must establish that he or she is the child of a K-3 to receive a K-4 visa.  There are many issues and complications that may arise during the process of obtaining either of the K visas.  Please contact our office if you need additional information regarding “K” visa.

Contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying for a nonimmigrant visa.  Please contact our office at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation.


Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message