L Visa

“L” Visas

This category is reserved for intracompany transferees.  L-1 status may be accorded to an alien who, within 3 years preceding his application for admission, was employed abroad continuously for one year by a parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the U.S. petitioning company.  If you have questions regarding L Visas, please contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a NJ Immigration Attorney, who will address all of your questions.

L-1A Visa

This sub-category of the L classification is reserved for employees who enter the United States to continue to work in a managerial or executive capacity.  That is, the person must be a manager or executive.  Managerial capacity includes managing the organization, department, subdivision, function or component of the company.  Executive capacity includes directing the management of the organization or a major component or function, establishing goals and policies, and exercising the wide latitude in discretionary decision making. There are many other requirements and specifications that must be met by the applicant and the organization before this classification may be accorded to an individual.

L-1B Visa

This sub-category is reserved for intracompany transferees who are coming to the United States to continue their employment within the company, utilizing their specialized knowledge.  These intracompany transferees are not necessarily managers, directors or executives.  These intracompany transferees includes persons who possess special knowledge of the company’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management or other interests and its application in international markets, or has an advanced level of knowledge of processes and procedures of the company.

L-2 Visa

An L-2 visa is a visa document used to enter the United States by the dependent spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age of qualified L-1 visa holders.  The visa is issued for the duration of the spouse’s L1 visa.  The process of obtaining the L classification is highly complex.  Please contact our office if you need additional information regarding “L” visa.

Contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying for a nonimmigrant visa.  Please contact our office at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation.


Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message