M Visa

“M” Visa


This visa classification is very similar to that of an F-1 visa.  However, this visa is issued to students who come to the United States to engage in vocational or nonacademic course of study.  Among the differences between M visa and an F-l visa is that M visa can only be authorized to reduce course load for medical reasons and only for a maximum aggregate period of 5 months.

The M visa holder is not allowed to engage in an online or distance courses.  The maximum period for which an M visa can be issued is limited to 3 years.  There are few more differences in the M classification.

The M-2 nonimmigrant visa allows the dependent spouse and children under 21 years old of a qualified M-1 student visa holder to enter the U.S.  Similar to the F-1 visa, M visa has a sub-classification of M-2, which is accorded to dependent spouse or child under 21 years of the M-1 applicant.

Contact Murat Berdyev, Esq., a New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying for a nonimmigrant visa.  Please contact our office at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation.


Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message