Nonimmigrant Visa


If you are not a United States citizen or a United States lawful permanent resident, there are numerous types of nonimmigrant visas available for temporary visitors to travel to the United States.  Nonimmigrant visa simply means that a person traveling to the United States is issued a visa that will allow him to enter the United States on temporary basis.  The length of each stay in the United States is determined by the terms and conditions of the nonimmigrant visa.

The length of each stay may also be determined by the Customs and Border Protection Officer at the time the visitor makes a request for admission into the United States.  Our nonimmigrant visa section contains more detailed information on the types of nonimmigrant visas that a person may apply for to travel to the United States.  The purpose of your intended travel and other factors will determine what type of visa is required under U.S. Immigration Law.

As previously mentioned above, there are many different types of nonimmigrant visas.  It is important to have information about the type of nonimmigrant visa you will need for travel, and the steps required to apply for the visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. Below is a non-exclusive list of available nonimmigrant visas.

A Visa: Diplomats and other government officials

B Visa: Visitor for Business or Pleasure

C Visa: Crewman

D Visa:  Foreign crew-members

E Visa: Treaty Traders or Treaty Investors pursuant to a Treaty Agreement between the United States and foreign countries

F Visa:  Academic Students

G Visa: Quasi-Governmental Personnel

H Visa: Nonimmigrant Workers

I Visa: Members of Foreign Press, Radio, Film or other foreign information media

J Visa: Foreign Exchange Students, Au Pairs, Professors, Research Scholars

K Visa: Fiancé(e)

L Visa: Intracompany Transferees

M Visa: Nonacademic Students

N Visa: NATO Representatives, Officers, Employees and Family Members

O Visas: Persons with Extraordinary Ability

P Visa: Athletes, Artists and Entertainment Groups

Q Visa: International Cultural Exchange Visitors

R Visas: Religious Volunteer Workers

S Visa: Law Enforcement Informant’s Visa

T Visa: Victims of Human Trafficking

U Visas: Victims of Crimes

The process of applying for a nonimmigrant visa may differ, depending on the type of visa that one is seeking to obtain.  Some visas may be obtained by way of submitting an application to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, while others require a petition to be filed with a regional service center of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service.

Please contact our office for more information regarding the nonimmigrant visas.  The process of selecting a proper nonimmigrant visa and the application process in furtherance thereof can be very complex and requires the services of an experienced New Jersey Immigration Attorney who possess the necessary skills and experience to help you navigate through the process of applying for a proper nonimmigrant visa.

Call  us today at (732) 596-1235 for an in-person consultation. We are ready to answer any and all of your questions.  Our office is conveniently located in Woodbridge, New Jersey,  next to the Woodbridge Train Station.


Immigration Questions?

Email us!

    • Your Name(*)
    • Your Email(*)
    • Subject
    • Message